INSTRUCTIONAL/USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
As a life-long learner, I have the passion for instilling learning wherever I see the need. With guidance, leadership, vision and imagination in addition to the use of various audio and visual designs, I have designed and developed training programs, curriculum, employee training programs, customer interfaces, and the like in accordance with ADA/FLSA standards using instructional technology. From my first experience in instructional design, I enjoyed an innovative reputation in the Trade Compliance Industry. As you read my history, you will agree that I am driven to design, implement and re-educate with data driven technology for the 21st Century. Conscientious collaboration exercise with NCBFAA which resulting in my creating program design to be used for member stakeholders of the organization. Designed various curriculum for National Educational Institute for National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association which is currently used as a requisite for Certification. Curriculum is accredited by the Washington DC accrediting body and is recognized nationally.
- As a seasoned Compliance professional, I have designed, implemented, and instructed entire curriculums involving Regulatory Compliance.
- Using principles of adult learning theory in higher education, I identified the target audience in that I have taken seasoned adult audiences with no interest in learning to successful engagement.
- Designed Training material applauded by US Customs & Border Protection and enabled organization to gain certification in Customs Trade Partnership against Terrorism (CTPAT).
- Transformed Supply Chain Division from bottom line mentality to a learning organization.
- Led project team to accomplish the approval of Foreign Trade Zones in multiple areas throughout the U.S.
- Designed documents and courses for policies and procedures both internally and externally and continue to design new and re-design existing material.
- Designed entry level curriculum for associates into Compliance Analysts.
- Designed and published compliance courses on company internal learning management system.
- Used Instruction Design principles to design an in-house corporate university for various areas including management training, compliance training, and workplace training, just to name a few.
- Designed curriculum for use on Moodle LMS with various authorizing tools.
- Designed classes for in-house learners and traveled across the US following up on the Held live sessions with course content for client executive management and employees who provided positive feedback.
- Designed and implement countless webinars for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Taught 12-week courses on U.S. Customs Law to diverse adult populations.
- Designed course curriculum, online classrooms, study guides, quizzes.
- Developed and designed curriculum for Automated Export Program for ABX.
- Developed and designed one of the initial training curriculums in the Logistics Industry.
- Designed course curriculum and course content materials in addition to regularly revising and updating curriculum.
- Taught and facilitated classes both on-line and in classroom-class size from 4-35 adults.
- Received consistently high student evaluation marks.learning experience. Requested feedback to improve design and learning in future.
- Designed and published classes for clients on ad hoc basis. Looked for feedback from clients after each course was completed.
SUPPLY CHAIN GROUP LLC 2020 to present
Instructional Designer/User Experience Designer
- Instructional Design utilized for compliance audits, advice, and training for major clients with a keen eye for continuous improvement
- Implement customs agent processes, controls, standards, and responsibilities for consolidation and streamlining of Customs clearance operations
- Respond to RFPs and the selection processes for Freight Forwarders and Customs Brokers
- Design and deliver courses and training materials defining best practices for on-site and distance learning.
- Advise clients on potential IT Solutions to enhance their business.
AGILITY LOGISTICS CORP 2019-2020
Compliance Manager / Instructional Designer
- Designed learning solutions for Trade Compliance within the organization.
- Designed and implemented compliance programs for Customs Brokerage and Export Groups
- Designed and implemented processes for the Automated Export Systems (AES) approvals
- Performed data analytics with multiple tools and formats for internal and external clients
- Designed program for administration and documentation for Agility’s FOCIS system (AI, ML & Process Automation) for the US
- Worked internally to employ process transformations
DB Schenker 2017 to 2018
Customs Services Manager
- Led team of 25+ associates in Regional Brokerage Department
- By using principles of Adult Learning Theory and leadership, achieved a collaborative group with common goals
- Brought team in compliance with all federal rules and regulations and exceeded corporate KPI’s within 6 months
- Placed department in a position to accept additional business
Floor & Decor, Atlanta GA 2014 to 2017
Customs compliance manager
- Created and implemented Regulatory Compliance Department
- Led project team to institute multiple Foreign Trade Zones,
- Designed various curriculum to educate all levels of those to be involved in the Foreign Trade Zone activities.
- Managed education and re-education of Foreign Trade Zone Operations at various locations throughout U.S.
- Designed policies and procedures both internally and externally.
- Transformed entry level associates into Compliance Analysts
- Designed and published compliance courses on company internal learning management system
JAS Forwarding USA Inc. 2010-2014
Corporate Compliance Mgr./Instructional Designer
- Managed compliance for 23 domestic offices and more than 100 overseas offices.
- Liaised with both internal offices and external clients worldwide.
- Developed and implement programs for both corporate learning and Regulatory Compliance.
- Developed learning management system for internal university.
Post-Masters Certificate College Teaching Capella University 2011
- Final Project: Created online course (Blackboard) Organizational Behavior
MA Global Organizational Management Ashford University 2010
- Specialization: Global/Organizational Behavior
- 69 graduate credits International Business/Organizational Behavior
MS Education Capella University 2009
- Specialization: Professional Studies
- 68 graduate credits adult education & learning theory
- 20 graduate credits Psychology
- Integrative Project: Created online course: Workplace Harassment
BA Business/Organizational Management Ashford University 2008
- Specialization: Organizational Behavior & Psychology
- Business Organizational Management
International Compliance Professional Assoc. since 2000
National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Assoc. since 2006
- Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology since 2008
- Social Psychology Network since 2009
- American Psychological Assoc. since 2008
- American Management Assoc. since 2009
- SIA-Society for International Affairs since 2000
- Online Learning Consortium since 2009
- Association for Talent Development since 2014
- Curriculum and instructional design for NEI – NCBFAA
- Design newsletter and monthly Zoom meetings for senior citizen organizations in Atlanta, GA
- Adult Bible Study Instructor – St. Michael the Archangel R.C. Church, Woodstock, GA
- Adolescent Religious Education Instructor – St. Michael the Archangel R.C. Church, Woodstock, GA
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection licensed broker (LCB)
- NCBFAA Certified Customs & Export Specialist (CCS – CES)
- Microsoft Office/Project/Visio/SharePoint
- Articulate 360
- Abobe Captivate
- I-Spring Suite
- Blackboard LMS
- Moodle LMS
- Meridian LMS
- Canvas LM